Some people travel. We prefer to…
Click on any of these four ingredients to begin building your Sample This Life trip.
A Great Place to Stay!
Experiences with Locals
Best Ways of Getting Around
Lots of Extras, Lots of Support, No Herding, Hardly Any Schedules
What’s the Cost? What’s Included?
per person, double occupancy
only $600 single supplement
Included in the package are:
- A Great Place to Stay: Two weeks accommodation in an excellent apartment (pre-inspected by us)
- Experiences with Locals: Being part of the rich social network of locals is the secret ingredient that changes this from just travel to a life
- Two meals with fellow participants and locals; a welcome and farewell dinner in a local restaurant well-reviewed and frequented by locals.
- Two morning coffees with opportunities to meet locals
- Two excursions (of your choice) with locals. Here’s an example.
- A Way to Get Around: 2 days Car rental (yes, just two days…we think the public transportation is excellent and there are just a few places that you do really need a car. Don’t worry, if you want a car the whole time we can arrange that as well. )
- Lots of Extras, Lots of Support, No Herding: We meet you at the airport, bring you to your apartment, give you an extensive orientation, help you get set up with a cellphone, and your local staff persons stays connected and offers ongoing support s for you to explore and sample this life your way.
You choose the people who interact with. You choose your excursions. You choose your apartment and you choose your schedule. You design exactly the stay — the life — you want. Our secret ingredient: a rich connection to a variety of locals who belong to this place, love it and will enjoy helping you belong too!
Sample a Life
Feel you know this particular place. Almost like you lived here.
Stay Longer. Pack and unpack less.
Hang out with locals.
Meet local people who share your interests.
Treat yourself (like it’s a vacation but without the tourist bubble.)
Plenty of stuff to do; no rules on how you do it.
No herding, no schedules but lots o
f things you can do when you want to do it.
Do things you like, not what the guidebook says you “must-see.
Feel like you belong from Day 1.
Feel like you’ve got a posse from Day 1.
Forget you aren’t from here.
Never get ripped off because you’re a tourist. You’re not.
Invite the local you met to have dinner at his favorite place to eat.
Buy a piece of local art from the person you painted with that day.
If it was Tuesday, that must have been Belgium.
Move everyday. Pack and unpack a lot.
Hang out with nobody. Feel out of the loop
Meet an occasional taxi driver
Eat in only restaurants; stay in only hotels. Get tired of “treating yourself”
Stay with the group. Suitcases outside your door at 7am.
Plenty of stuff to do; plenty of rules,schedules and herding.
Do things the guidebook says you “must-see”. Often wonder why.
Start longing for home.
Feel lonely in crowds.
Never forget for a minute you aren’t from here.
Worry constantly: “Did I get ripped off because I’m a tourist?”
Eat every meal with your fellow tourists.
Buy stuff in a souvenir shop you hate even before you buy it.
Delve into any of these topics…with a trusted local resident who can help you explore them.